Re: [Patch, Profiler] First hierarchical data

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [Patch, Profiler] First hierarchical data
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 22:04:47 -0500

2011/8/12 Daniel Kraft <address@hidden>:

> Here are two very small patches:
>
> macros.diff just changes the profiler invokations to use macros, as
> suggested by jwe elsewhere. This seems also like a nice change to
> me, since we could in the future easily change the macros; for
> instance, to use a different profiler or whatever we like. Besides,
> I think the user-code now looks nicer.
>
> hierarchical.diff is a tiny patch that just adds return of the
> hierarchical data to profile('info').  This way, the user has a
> first "official" way to get to it.

I've pushed them, this time without modification:

     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/paper-graph/

As far as preparing the delivery for Google, I think the attached will
suffice as far as code we should show. It's just all of the patches
you submitted together with your commit messages.

I think the next immediate goal should be documentation. Spend a
day or two writing a short little tutorial on how to do so. Look at
the .txi files under doc/interpreter for examples on how to write the
manual chapter. Once that is done, work on the interface for seeing
the hierarchical data, but please don't neglect the documentation!

- Jordi G. H.