Fwd: Freemat Development

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Fwd: Freemat Development
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 01:23:56 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jacob Dawid <address@hidden>
Date: 2011/8/23
Subject: Freemat Development
To: address@hidden

Dear Mr. Basu,

I am an octave developer and saw that you are working on a similar program, called freemat. A few months ago I begun developing a GUI for octave using Qt, which is aimed to be platform-independent (it's currently not running on Windows, but on GNU/Linux and MacOSX). I did not start from scratch, instead I mixed several projects from different places. Also, I implemented an IRC client, incorporated code from Konsole and use QScintilla as a file editor. We have translated the UI into spanish, ukrainian, russian, german and portuguese already, more to come. I have uploaded a screenshot of the latest development version here:

http://www7.pic-upload.de/23.08.11/nmwr94ved6hn.png

Since I saw your profile ( http://www.ece.illinois.edu/alumni/awards/yaaa/2008-Basu.html ) I am not in the position making offers, being a regular student only, but actually we are working on similar projects. If you joined us we could all benefit, starting with sharing code so we do not duplicate efforts, giving you the opportunity to work for a huge user base and us having a true professional in our team.

If you have questions concerning this, feel free to join us in #octave in FreeNode or just mail back. I am gladly awaiting your answer!

Greetings,
Jacob Dawid

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.

Whitespace - the most ink saving programming language: http://compsoc.dur.ac.uk/whitespace/index.php .