Re: TeX interpreter and rendering in OpenGL based backends

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: TeX interpreter and rendering in OpenGL based backends
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:01:50 +0100

Actually, the concepts in the current octave code and JHandles are similar,
I wrote both. My idea was indeed to port the JHandles simple TeX to C++.

What is needed:
- extend the set of component classes; at the moment there's only classes
for string element, sub- and super-scripts
- write a TeX parser that would break a string into a set of components using
a syntax compatible with Matlab
- extend the FreeType processor/renderer to handle the additional components

About the ft_manager class, iirc I wrote it from scratch, but I might have
picked up some ideas from FTGL. To be honest, I don't remember all the details.

Michael.