Re: Dependencies not compiled in

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Dependencies not compiled in
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:43:02 +0100

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Bruno Haible <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Michael Goffioul wrote:
>> While compiling Octave, I got undefined references within the gnulib
>> module.
>> Namely:
>> - chdir_long undefined, referenced in save-cwd.c
>
> This is very astonishing, because the gnulib module 'save-cwd' has a
> dependency on 'chdir-long'.

Indeed. And the source file is copied over to the dist libgnu/ dir. But
it is not compiled in.

>> - strncasecmp undefined, referenced in strptime.c
>
> On which platform? The file doc/posix-functions/strncasecmp.texi states
> that only old platforms (which are not gnulib portability targets) lack this
> function.

Windows+MSVC. I know this is not a gnulib target. Nevertheless the strptime
module has a dependency on strcase module, and - as in the case of chdir-long
above - the source file is copied over to libgnu/ by the bootstrap
script, but it is
not compiled in libgnu.la.

>> Would anybody have any hint?
>
> Octave has a special build script for Windows, I recall, no? Maybe it needs
> updates?

No, it does not have special build script. I'm using regular:
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

Michael.