Re: Third input argument to __makeinfo__

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Third input argument to __makeinfo__
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 11:22:25 -0700

From: Carlo de Falco <address@hidden>
To: "address@hidden List"
	<address@hidden>
Subject: __makeinfo__

Hi,

It seems __makeinfo__ can accept up two three input parameters
but there is a check to ensure less than two are actually used.

Any objections if I push this patch?
9/9/11

Carlo,

Actually, I worked to clean up __makeinfo__ a while ago (see changset 3047363c376d).  At that time I removed the third argument to __makeinfo__ because it was unused.  It looks like I removed it from the documentation and from any of the code, but forgot to remove it from the function declaration.

Thus, I think the correct fix is to remove the unused variable from the declaration and not adjust the input verification to accept a third variable.  I see that you already pushed your changeset.  I pushed one on top (13120:fc0ea95fbba0) which removes the third variable and restores input checking for just two arguments.

--Rik