GUI pushed to Savannah

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: GUI pushed to Savannah
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:11:01 -0500

There were some unexpected difficulties with bookmarks, so after
talking with jwe in #octave I decided to simply create another named
branch instead.

Next time you pull from Savannah, you will see a huge pile of changes
related to the GUI. They're on a separate branch which I've just named
the GUI branch, which will be a superset of the default branch with
regular merges much like default is a superset of stable.

If you want to patch the GUI, patch on the GUI branch. As usual,
regular development goes on default and stable bugfixes go on stable
per our last discussion. The GUI will not be part of the 3.6 release.
I thought it would be good promotion to release the GUI on a big 4.0
branch since it would be a huge user-visible change, so I updated NEWS
on the new GUI branch to reflect this wish.

Oh, also welcome Jacob Dawid who will be having push access to
Savannah to work on the GUI branch.

Happy hacking,
- Jordi G. H.