Re: Mingw Octave-3.4.3 binaries for testing on windows

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Mingw Octave-3.4.3 binaries for testing on windows
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 14:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

nitnit wrote:

> Hello Octave users and maintainers,
>
> I have succesfully compiled octave-3.4.3 (src downloaded from
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/octave-3.4.3.tar.gz) with mingw, using
> Tatsuro's OctaveLibs and gplibs.

Good, thank you.
I'll try 3.4.3 this weekend. I also had it compiled early this week, I got
more FAILS in the tests than you.

> Many thanks to Tatsuro Matsuoka and Philip Nienhuis who have contributed
> their knowledge and experience.

Well, my contribution is not so big. Tatsuro did 99.9% of all the work
before you took over.

Will you still make a description of what files you put where in the subdir
hierarchy?

Anyway:

1. The packages lib contains Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2 rather than
Octave3.4.3_gcc4.5.2 as base dir. Unwary users may copy it to the wrong
directory

2. Did you also include the (some, or all) Java class libs required for
spreadsheet I/O?
    If not, perhaps you can make a note in the README about where these can
be downloaded.
    Benjamin included them in the 3.2.4 MinGW binary; they have
GPL-compatible licenses.

3. In the packages README, please also mention to do a pkg rebuild -noauto
oct2mat.
   oct2mat is known to severely affect Octave operation, a.o., plotting.

Philip