Re: `argn' ? … still part of Octave ?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: `argn' ? … still part of Octave ?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:21:35 -0400

On Oct 5, 2011, at 9:31 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:

> On 6 October 2011 01:27, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
>> | idea is to use arg (or inputname) to get the name of the variable in
>> | the caller and change its value with assignin('caller',...)
>>
>> OK, I guess you can try that, but it will be somewhat slow and
>> it seems to me that it will definitely be clumsy.
>
> I know. But the class I'm trying to implement (inputParser) already
> exists in MatLab. It's for the sake of compatibility. And I'm learning
> something new in the process too :)
>
> Carnë

Carnë,

Any progress on implementing a compliant inputParser?

I had contacted Nico Schlomer and cooperated with him to modify his matlab2tikz
to allow it to run on Octave. He had made good use of Matlab's inputParser. The
replacement used by matlab2tikz contains much of the same functionality.

        http://win.ua.ac.be/~nschloe/content/matlab2tikz

You may find some code there that is helpful toward your effort (Take a look at
matlab2tikzInputParser.m)

Ben