Re: Obsolete warning IDs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Obsolete warning IDs
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:21:47 -0500

On  8-Nov-2011, Rik wrote:

| Still no luck provoking this, although I did discover that the docstring
| for bitunpack was calling itself bitpack.
|
| For testing I randomly selected typecast.oct.  The file itself has 3
| functions in it: typecast, bitpack, bitunpack.  I tried various
| combinations of 'clear' and 'clear -f' for the three functions but never
| got a warning.  I then tried to create a .oct file with two functions in it
| using mkoctfile, but I can only get Octave to see the first function which
| has the same name as the .cc file.

I haven't tested it lately, but you should see the warning if you do
the following:

  * Create a .oct file that contains at least two functions.

  * Both of the functions from Octave so they are both loaded in
    the symbol table.

  * Recompile the .oct file.

  * Call one of the functions from the .oct file.  At this point,
    Octave is supposed to notice that the time stamp of the .oct file
    has changed so it  will try to reload the file.  Doing that should
    force all functions that were loaded from the file to be cleared
    before the file is reloaded.