Small bug in Octave scatter plots

From: Robinson, Melvin D
Subject: Small bug in Octave scatter plots
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 14:49:34 +0000

Hello,

I am taking the online Machine Learning class from Stanford this quarter.  There seems to be a bug in scatter plotting, particularly the file __scatter__.m that a couple of small changes to seems to fix the issue.

This occurs in Octave 3.4.3 and I think it's a good idea to review and put these fixes in if it has not been done already.

I have the two lines to change in __scatter__.m, but don't know much about working on open-source software (even though that is a goal of mine).

I know that most folks here are very much experts at software development, so I humbly ask if you could just talk me through the process of putting these changes into Octave.  I think that the first step should be to take a diff between the working version and the current version, right?