segfault on 'make check'

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: segfault on 'make check'
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 17:03:21 -0500

On  4-Dec-2011, Rik wrote:

| 12/4/11
|
| Is anyone else getting a panic after running 'make check'?  I get the
following

| panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
| attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
| make[1]: *** [check] Segmentation fault
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/test'
| make: *** [check] Error 2
|
| The error first appeared for me with this changeset.
|
| changeset:   13983:7dd7cccf0757
| user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
| date:        Sat Dec 03 04:34:17 2011 -0500
| summary:     clean up memory allocated for singletons before exit

No, I'm not seeing crashes and I've been running make check a lot
while making these changes, including running the tests with valgrind.

Can you run the tests with gdb?  Do do that, either cd to the tests
directory and run make check to see what command is run and paste that
into the shell with "-g" added as an option to run-octave or edit the
generated tests/Makefile to add -g to the run-octave options.  (Maybe
we should make this easier to do...)