Re: Removing broadcasting from Octave

From: Michael Godfrey
Subject: Re: Removing broadcasting from Octave
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:43:28 -0800 (PST)

On 12/14/2011 08:31 AM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
> I imagine there is more support for removing this feature than to keep it.
>
> - Jordi G. H.
I very definitely prefer to leave broadcasting in.  Octave should not be a
Matlab clone, and it is not today.  I see no negatives in including
broadcasting.
Rather, I see it as the most important enhancement to Matlab in a long time.

Michael Godfrey
p.s. I sent this as an email to the list but it was "held" since something
seems to have
gone wrong with my subscription.

I would also add that I have used broacasting in other contexts and have not
encountered any of the debugging difficulties that people have mentioned.
In fact,
since the code is shorter and simpler, it tends to help debugging.

Michael