Re: Removing broadcasting from Octave

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Re: Removing broadcasting from Octave
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 13:58:54 -0800

Przemek Klosowski wrote:
On 12/14/2011 03:55 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:

The idea of having an easily deactivated warning when about bsx is
perform is not a bad idea...of course standard code gets  verbose
output :(

MATLAB_ME_HARDER?

(in a way of explanation, Richard Stallman, who didn't like POSIX much, proposed an environment variable POSIX_ME_HARDER that made several GNU utilities behave in a POSIX-mandated way that Stallman didn't like (reporting disk space in 521B units instead of 1kB, etc). People found it a little too 'geek/offensive' so it's called POSIXLY_CORRECT now :)

Are we worrying too much about translation to MATLAB? Easy translation is absolutely critical for me, but I think about it as I write code. If the manual has a warning then I consider myself warned.

Bob