Re: Snapshot 3.5.91

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Snapshot 3.5.91
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 12:30:18 -0500

On 25-Dec-2011, marco atzeri wrote:

| also on cygwin the documentation is rebuilt, but this a defect
| already present on 3.4.x so I was ignoring it.
|
| Checking your hint, I found two points where the src/DOCSTRINGS
| files differ:
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------
| --- src/octave-3.5.91/src/DOCSTRINGS    2011-12-24 01:02:08.000000000 +0100
| +++ build/src/DOCSTRINGS        2011-12-24 23:32:38.487392700 +0100
| @@ -7022,14 +7022,6 @@
|   or that may be passed to @code{fcntl} to set the write mode to append.
|   @seealso{fcntl, O_ASYNC, O_CREAT, O_EXCL, O_NONBLOCK, O_RDONLY,
| O_RDWR, O_SYNC, O_TRUNC, O_WRONLY}
|   @end deftypefn
| -^_O_ASYNC
| address@hidden O_ASYNC src/syscalls.cc
| --*- texinfo -*-
| address@hidden {Built-in Function} {} O_ASYNC ()
| -Return the numerical value of the file status flag that may be
| -returned by @code{fcntl} to indicate asynchronous I/O.
| address@hidden, O_APPEND, O_CREAT, O_EXCL, O_NONBLOCK, O_RDONLY,
| O_RDWR, O_SYNC, O_TRUNC, O_WRONLY}
| address@hidden deftypefn
|   ^_O_CREAT
|   @c O_CREAT src/syscalls.cc
|   -*- texinfo -*-
| @@ -10006,7 +9998,7 @@
|   A vector of the same length as the state specifying the type of
|   inequality constraint.  Each element of the vector corresponds to an
|   element of the state and should be assigned one of the following
| -codes
| +codes
|
|   @table @asis
|   @item -2
|

| no idea why I miss the O_ASYNC paragraph.

Looking at src/syscalls.cc, it has

  #if defined (O_ASYNC)
  DEFUNX ("O_ASYNC", FO_ASYNC, args, ,
    "-*- texinfo -*-\n\
  @deftypefn {Built-in Function} {} O_ASYNC ()\n\
  Return the numerical value of the file status flag that may be\n\
  returned by @code{fcntl} to indicate asynchronous I/O.\n\
  @seealso{fcntl, O_APPEND, O_CREAT, O_EXCL, O_NONBLOCK, O_RDONLY, O_RDWR,
O_SYNC, O_TRUNC, O_WRONLY}\n\
  @end deftypefn")
  {
    return const_value (args, O_ASYNC);
  }
  #endif

so I would guess that Cygwin does not have O_ASYNC.  Instead of using
a definition like the above, we could do something like the following
instead:

  DEFUNX ("O_ASYNC", FO_ASYNC, args, ,
    "-*- texinfo -*-\n\
  @deftypefn {Built-in Function} {} O_ASYNC ()\n\
  Return the numerical value of the file status flag that may be\n\
  returned by @code{fcntl} to indicate asynchronous I/O.\n\
  @seealso{fcntl, O_APPEND, O_CREAT, O_EXCL, O_NONBLOCK, O_RDONLY, O_RDWR,
O_SYNC, O_TRUNC, O_WRONLY}\n\
  @end deftypefn")
  {
  #if defined (O_ASYNC)
    return const_value (args, O_ASYNC);
  #else
    error ("O_ASYNC: not available on this system");
    return octave_value ();
  #endif
  }