Re: Re: Re: Re: octave-glpk MIPGAP

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: octave-glpk MIPGAP
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:09:23 -0500

2011/12/23 Marcelo Pinto <address@hidden>:

> I have tested some LP and MIP models, using Tommaso patch, and all
> of them ran properly. So, if nobody disagree, I think his patch
> should be applied as soon as possible. The file "model.m" was
> attached some messages ago. Anyway here it is.

I wish Tommaso had followed our coding standards... It's very
difficult for me to know if all of his changes are important or not. I
also wish I could get an explanation of what the changes are (a commit
message). Having to do this work myself makes me lazy and delays
pushing this patch. A diff would have been preferrable.

At any rate, it's obviously too late to include this in 3.6. I started
working on creating a patch starting from this, but I got lazy again.

So, in order to push this change into Octave we need:

   1) A proper patch
   2) A commit message
   3) Reformat to follow Octave's GNU coding standards
   4) Properly written tests to show that the changes work (i.e.
      included as part of the patch, in the glpk.m source file)

I have just been lazy about doing these things myself, so if you want
this done, either Tommaso or Marcelo or someone who cares needs to
handle the paperwork, or you can wait until I or someone else gets
unlazy. With some luck, I might do it today, if I feel sufficiently
motivated.

Tommaso said he started the modifications from the 3.4.3 tarball, so
that's the first step to generating a proper patch.

Sorry,
- Jordi G. H.