Re: Octave 3.6.0-rc0 release candidate available for ftp

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.0-rc0 release candidate available for ftp
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:52:59 +0000

On 11 January 2012 21:55, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10 January 2012 22:29, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The first release candidate of Octave 3.6.0 is now available from
>> alpha.gnu.org in the directory /gnu/octave:
>>
>>  8916ea8fe675ed6411fed0c92dad272b  octave-3.6.0-rc0.tar.gz
>>
>>  -rw-r--r-- 1 3003 3002 17976033 Jan 10 22:16 octave-3.6.0-rc0.tar.gz
>>
>> Even if you have been building Octave regularly from the Mercurial
>> archive, it would help if you could build from this release candidate
>> and report any problems.  We could especially use reports for Windows
>> and OS X systems.
>>
>> jwe
>
> I have built it on Debian stable. I haven't had time to set up the
> correct ARPACK library so I have loads of skipped tests when running
> 'make check'. However, the number of tests skipped is 212, much bigger
> than the number that failed on 3.5.92. But still, no test failed this
> time.
>
> I'm trying to set up ARPACK now and will report later.
>
> Carnë

I have built Arpack from source for debian stable (I have .deb for
i386 if anyone needs them) and octave builds fine.

Now I have 58 skipped tests but from missing QRUPDATE lib. However,
"libqrupdate-dev" is installed. Is this another case where the system
library is buggy and needs to be installed from source?

Carnë