Re: Error in Octave-gui build :src/terminal/win32/QConsole.cpp

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Error in Octave-gui build :src/terminal/win32/QConsole.cpp
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:08:44 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- On Mon, 2012/1/23, Michael Goffioul wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I have now trying to build octave-gui on MinGW platform.
> > In comping  src/terminal/win32/QConsole.cpp, I have met the following error.
> >
> > src/terminal/win32/QConsole.cpp:196:39: error: 'GetConsoleWindow' was not
> > declared in this scope
> >
> > The GetConsoleWindow seems to be a winapi function.
> > Am I missing something for Win32 API?
>
> You're missing a high-enough definition for _WIN32_WINNT. See
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683175(v=vs.85).aspx
>
> If the function is not part of MinGW Win32 headers, then it's a
> problem with MinGW.

I have searched GetConsoleWindow in MinGW\include and found

MinGW\include\wincon.h:153:HWND WINAPI GetConsoleWindow(void);

Around line 153 in wincon.h

#if (_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0500)
BOOL WINAPI GetConsoleDisplayMode(LPDWORD);
HWND WINAPI GetConsoleWindow(void);
#endif
#if (_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0501)
DWORD WINAPI GetConsoleProcessList(LPDWORD, DWORD);
#endif

For Windows XP or later, is WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0501 hold?
Do I have to set -DWIN32_NT=0x500 ?

Regards

Tatsuro