Re: MacOS X GUI build

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: MacOS X GUI build
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:16:27 -0500

On Jan 31, 2012, at 9:59 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Jan 31, 2012, at 9:38 AM, Jacob Dawid wrote:

Monaco is a good choice for MacOS X.

I updated my sources and did a "make clean; git pull" in qterminal, and then "make clean; ./compile,sh" in gui.

I encountered the error below. I don't see QTerminalInterface.h in your repo.

      https://code.google.com/p/qterminal/source/browse/#git%2Flibqterminal%2Funix

Did you forget to commit the new file ? ... or did I do something wrong on my end ?

Ben,

I am sorry, I forgot to put that under version control. Made a commit to fix that!

Jacob

Ok. Thanks. Now my build ends with ...

/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2 -headerpad_max_install_names -o bin/octave-gui object-files/lexeroctavegui.o object-files/MainWindow.o object-files/WorkspaceView.o object-files/HistoryDockWidget.o object-files/FilesDockWidget.o object-files/FileEditorMdiSubWindow.o object-files/BrowserWidget.o object-files/SettingsDialog.o object-files/OctaveGUI.o object-files/ResourceManager.o object-files/CommandLineParser.o object-files/OctaveCallbackThread.o object-files/OctaveLink.o object-files/OctaveMainThread.o object-files/ReadlineAdapter.o object-files/WelcomeWizard.o object-files/moc_lexeroctavegui.o object-files/moc_MainWindow.o object-files/moc_WorkspaceView.o object-files/moc_HistoryDockWidget.o object-files/moc_FilesDockWidget.o object-files/moc_FileEditorMdiSubWindow.o object-files/moc_BrowserWidget.o object-files/moc_SettingsDialog.o object-files/moc_OctaveCallbackThread.o object-files/moc_OctaveLink.o object-files/moc_OctaveMainThread.o object-files/moc_ReadlineAdapter.o object-files/moc_WelcomeWizard.o    -L/opt/local/lib/octave/3.6.0-rc1 -lqscintilla2 -Lqirc/libqirc -lqirc -lm -loctinterp -loctave -lcruft -lutil -Lqterminal/libqterminal -lqterminal -L/opt/local/lib -lQtWebKit_debug -lQtGui_debug -lQtNetwork_debug -lQtCore_debug
 "QUnixTerminalImpl::QUnixTerminalImpl(QWidget*)", referenced from:
     QTerminal::QTerminal(QWidget*)in MainWindow.o

Ben

I deleted my entire gui clone and started fresh. With a fresh copy everything builds. The Terminal font is Monaco and looks nice.

There is remains some Qt output when Octave starts (pic is attached). Readline still isn't working for me (I'm running 3.6.0-rc1). Is there a way to run the octave in my local archive ?

Also, I notice there is still a Chat pane in the preferences, but there is no Chat window. Is it gone for good ?

Ben