Re: [OctDev] Google Summer of Code 2012: Call for projects and mentors

From: Michele Martone
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Google Summer of Code 2012: Call for projects and mentors
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 22:17:59 +0100

On address@hidden:03, Lukas Reichlin wrote:
> On 14.02.2012, at 23:15, Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso wrote:
> I do have an idea for an Octave-Forge project: Improve the "symbolic" package:
> - use objects & classes of Octave to enable stuff like overloaded methods for
> symbolic matrices. This could be done in C++ in a way similar to Michele
> Martone's new "sparsersb" package.
Hi Lukas,

I hope you won't take "sparsersb" as a mature or finish project
regarding the types overloading & co aspect: it isn't, although
it's quite usable.
Type conversion/interoperability there is far from complete: a
good review and counseloring by some expert Octave developer may
be needed there, IMHO (but this is a thread to come).

 michele