Re: Successful build of 3.6.1

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Successful build of 3.6.1
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 08:06:47 -0500

On Feb 27, 2012, at 3:23 AM, Dr. Alexander Klein wrote:

> Am 26.02.2012 um 20:31 schrieb Ben Abbott:
>
>> Are you able to build a MacOS bundle?
>>
>> i.e. Octave.app
>>
>> If so, are you interested in providing the app for the  Octave project?
>
> Ben,
>
> I think that right now I couldn't do much more than make dist-bz2 which
> wouldn't be awfully helpful, because it doesn't contain dependencies.
>
> I could, however, try to install MacPorts, and build a binary package
> containing all dependencies as described in the MacPorts docs. This may or
> may not work, as I have never done that before.
>
> Do you think a MacPorts build might be helpful?
>
> Later,
>
>       Alex

I'm running Macports, so if there is a way to produce an app-bundle please
point it out to me.

I'm aware that Macports can produce a bundle that can be distributed to other
Macports users (contains all the octave related stuff in "/port/loca/l..."),
but that is quite different from what I am looking for.

Ben