Re: 3.6.1 mingw binaries for testing

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: 3.6.1 mingw binaries for testing
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 01:40:10 -0800 (PST)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA-2 wrote

> --- On Mon, 2012/2/27, nitnit <nitnit@> wrote:
>

>> Tatsuro MATSUOKA-2 wrote
>> >
>> > I have missed the timing the libraries update for build.
>> > http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/
>> > OctaveLibs.7z
>> >       qhull is updated to 2012.1.
>> >       BLAS related dll files is relinked with the reference BLAS.
>> >       Licence of each librarry is described in the License directory.
>> >       Newly built makeinfo.exe is included the bin directory
>> > Sorry for my delay for library update.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Tatsuro
>> >

>> Hi Tatsuro,
>>
>> Thanks for your updated libraries. I will rebuilt an updated version.
>>
>> One additioanl note:
>>
>> I have noticed that my build is missing the environment var LAPACK_LIBS
>> which can be returned by
>>
>> mkoctfile -p LAPACK_LIBS
>>
>> while it is defined as -llapack in your recent 3.6.0 build
>> (octave-3.6.0.7z
>> from http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/).
>>
>> Have you "export" this var before your "make" ?
>>
>> Regards
>> Nitzan
>>
> Hello
>
> I have confirmed
> octave:1> mkoctfile -p LAPACK_LIBS
> -llapack
>
> However, I have not export this var explicitly.
>
> The exported environmental variable for the 3.6.0 build
>
> export CC='gcc -shared-libgcc'
> export CXX='g++ -shared-libgcc'
> export F77='gfortran -shared-libgcc'
> $CC -v; $CXX -v ;$F77 -v
>
> export FFLAGS='-g -O3'
> export CFLAGS='-g -O3 -fno-keep-inline-dllexport'
> export CXXFLAGS='-g -O3 -fno-keep-inline-dllexport'
> export LDFLAGS='-L/c/Programs/gplibs/lib -L/c/Programs/OctaveLibs/lib
> -L/GnuWin32/lib -Wl,--allow-multiple-definition -Wl,--enable-auto-import
> -Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc-v2 -Wl,--stack,10485760'
> export CPPFLAGS='-I/c/Programs/gplibs/include
> -I/c/Programs/OctaveLibs/include -I/GnuWin32/include'
>
> I have no idea why  LAPACK_LIBS was set for my 3.6.0 build.
>
> Regard
>
> Tatsuro

Hi Tatsuro

After removing some extra export I had (export LIBS='-lgfortran -llapack')
it seems that LAPACK_LIBS is set properly.

BTW, regarding your build of makeinfo.exe - another pre-built version of
makeinfo.exe is also provided by msys/bin which is anyway in the exec-path.
Are there any differences in your version ? Which version is preferred ?

Regards
Nitzan