Patching cov.m on current stable

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Patching cov.m on current stable
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:35:20 -0400

I'm wondering what to do about Ismael's cov.m patch... Ismael patched
relative to 3.4.3... but I'm not sure if his patch is "serious" enough
for stable. I merged it from 3.4.3 to 3.6.2, but I'm not sure if this
really is a patch that should go on stable or if I should rebase it to
default. I could also merge directly from 3.4.3 to default, but this
leaves two heads on stable, and I think this might confuse other
people.

What I have right now is the patch on 3.4.3, merged into 3.6.2
(current stable tip) and then merged again into default. AIUI, we're
only patching regressions and serious bugs in stable. Is this bug
serious enough? If not, I'll rebase, but I prefer to preserve the
integrity of people's patches and actually put people's names next to
the change they actually made, including the revision relative to
which they patched.

- Jordi G. H.