Re: GSoC 2012 participation - GUI idea

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: GSoC 2012 participation - GUI idea
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:24:32 -0400

On 4 April 2012 03:04, Costash <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am Constantin Serban-Radoi, a second year student and I would like
> to participate at GSoC with the GUI idea of Octave. I would like to
> know what are the steps to be completed to be able to make a good
> proposal for being accepted.

Well, what are your ideas for the GUI? What do you want to implement?
Can you show us some working code already?

This really is the most important thing: showing us that you can write
good GUI code. Hurry up, because the deadline for student applications
is in two days.

As part of your application, you should also submit on Melange the
information there requested, plus it would be nice if you also
followed this:

    http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Student_Application_Template

Submit your application to the GNU project.

> I have experience with C/C++, and I had some contact with Qt while
> writing patches for Okular.

Okay, so show us what you can do with Qt. And hurry up!

- Jordi G.  H.