Generating docs when cross-compiling

From: Corbin Champion
Subject: Generating docs when cross-compiling
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:58:56 -0700

I can cross compile octave, specifying -host=xyz but, now I want to build the docs as well to get help working etc.  When I don't use --disable-docs, but I specify -host=xyz, I fail when it tries to run munge-texi.  The build process needs to NOT cross compile munge-texi and a few other executables.  I can work around this by building octave without cross compiling, saving off these executables and then copying these over when I am cross compiling.  But, I assume there is an easier way.  What is the easier/correct way to do this?  I am guessing the guys that cross compile for mingw have to solve the same thing.

Thanks,
Corbin