Re: trouble compiling

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: trouble compiling
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 08:20:56 -0400

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Luca Citi <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Doug!
Same here. I am using Kubuntu 12.04 amd64.
I had the same error trying to build the development version of octave
after installing the default ubuntu build-deps for octave3.2 that for
some reason misses bison. I fixed it by installing bison too.

This is what I suggest:
$ sudo aptitude --add-user-tag octave-build build-dep octave3.2
$ sudo aptitude --add-user-tag octave-build install bison
then, if you have already messed up your clone of the octave repository:
$ make clean
$ hg st -un0 | xargs -0 rm
Finally:
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure
$ make

I hope this helps.
Luca

Yes this did help!!!!

I am still testing ---- but I thing the problem is with make.

I was using make -j6  with my 4 core computer -- and it failed.
But when I used just make  it passed

I am trying different combinations to see what it is.

--
DAS

https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html