Re: Race condition seems to be fixed

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Race condition seems to be fixed
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:04:11 +0100

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:01 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 21-May-2012, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| Because that would cover all cases. Readline input hooks are called regularly
| when octave is idle, whether at normal prompt, or during debugging, or after
| executing other input hooks, and so on...

Unless Octave is compiled without support for readline, or run with
the --no-line-editing option...  We have some bug reports about that,
complaining that opengl+fltk graphics are not responsive when Octave
is used without readline.

I don't see a problem in increasing the requirements (like using readline) when using the GUI. For instance you can't start Matlab GUI with -nojvm specified (I'm not even sure you can get a plot).

Michael.