Re: src/ directory re-org

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: src/ directory re-org
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 16:20:14 -0400

On  2-Aug-2012, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| AFAIK the reason for having manual instantiation is because part of the
| template code is not in the header files.

OK, that makes sense.

| I'm not sure what's the reason to
| have part of the template codes in .cc, maybe to make compilation lighter?

Assuming that we avoid doing some work to generate code for those
functions that are only declared and not defined, then we probably do
save some time.  Array.cc is fairly complicated and 2800 lines long.
Array.h is already 750 lines.  I guess the only way to really find out
is to try combining Array.h and Array.cc and see what happens.