Re: [bug #37101] GUI build fails on FC 17 x86_64

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: [bug #37101] GUI build fails on FC 17 x86_64
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:28:37 -0400

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Michael D Godfrey wrote:
> On 08/15/2012 02:40 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
>
> Ok, glad you found it. Looks ok to me. I have had qt4 and qt3
> installed at the same time with no problems, so I think now that it's
> picking up the right version of qmake, etc, you should be ok.
>
> So do you have it building successfully now?
>
> --
> mike
>
> Yes, OK now.  Obviously, ./configure needs work.  I really thought
> that I read that you needed qmake  for the GUI.  But, what is really
> true is that you must NOT have qmake installed.

It would be more accurate to say you do need qmake for Qt4 installed,
and that needs to be the one that configure finds first on your PATH.
If you have a qmake that is Qt3, then there will be trouble as we saw.

I'll add the details to the bug tracker in a moment
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?37101 for those just tuning in)

--
mike