Re: JIT test crash

From: Max Brister
Subject: Re: JIT test crash
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 19:06:08 -0600

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:31 AM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Max Brister <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 8:00 AM, Michael Goffioul
>> > I've just finished recompile octave from default branch (with JIT and
>> > GUI
>> > enabled) and the problem still occurs. Did you get anywhere with my
>> > build
>> > scripts or did you get any feedback from the LLVM people?
>> >
>> > Michael.
>> >

>> I have not even gotten Octave build with MSVC on windows yet. I ran
>> into issues applying your patches after all of the directory renaming,
>> then got sidetracked and haven't looked into it for a while. Do you
>> have updated patches that work after the directory renaming?
>>

> Yes, I just completed the test yesterday (and submitted generic patches to
> the default branch). I've updated the MSVC-specific patch at:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/msvc_compile_fix
>
> Michael.

Michael,

I'm having trouble building. I have commented out the aclocal,
autoconf, autoheader, and automake steps in octave.sh as these were
causing problems. Instead, I ran autogen.sh --copy directly. It looks
like for some reason gfortran-msvc is not working correctly (I have
the config output). I tried recompiling gfotran-msvc with your
scripts, but it fails at the end of the build with a linking issue.

Any ideas?

--
Max Brister