Slow copy/paste feeding to IDE terminal

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Slow copy/paste feeding to IDE terminal
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:01:48 -0400

On 26-Sep-2012, John Swensen wrote:

| Does anyone know the root cause of how slow the characters appear when I try
to copy/paste into the IDE terminal (or double click on the history)?  I've
tried to trace the code path that is execute on a copy/paste and can't find
anything specific about what might be causing the slow behavior.  I can
definitely type in the terminal window as fast as possible with not slow
effects, so I think it is isolated to behaviors that feed a string to the
terminal.  Another interesting behavior is with a recent patch I submitted.
The patch allows the user to select multiple lines in the history, right-click
and send them all to the terminal for execution.  The interesting bit is that
all but the final line of commands is sent to the terminal and executed
immediately, but the final line of the history has the characters appear slowly.

| John S.

There is a patch for readline here:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-readline/2012-06/msg00008.html