Re: GUI dockwidget toolbars when undocked

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: GUI dockwidget toolbars when undocked
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:46:31 +0200

On 21.10.2012 12:05, Richard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I submitted a patch to the patch tracker (#7867) to make the editor have
> a proper window toolbar when it is undocked with minimise, maximise
> buttons etc.
>
> If people agree this is good, should all the dock widgets have this
> functionality by default? If so I propose creating an ovtave_dock_widget
> class or similar which inherits from the QDockWidget and which is
> actually used by the other components instead of inheriting directly
> from QDockWidget and has this functionality by default.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Richard

Hi Richard,

There is already an open bug at
for this issue. Your patch is very similar to the first patch posted for
this bug. It turned out to have some side effects (please ref. to the
discussion related to the bug). The reason is that the state of the main
window (including the dock widgets) is not correctly saved in the
settings file if a dock widget has the Qt::Window-flag set.

The second patch for this bug should solve this problem and implements
this feature for every dock widget. If there are no further issues or
side effects, a special class for the octave dock widgets is a good idea.

Torsten