Re: [OctDev] Disable warnings

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Disable warnings
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 07:42:18 +0100

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>
> you have come to the octave forge mailing list. Your query belongs to
> octave core mailing list. CC'ing it.
>
> On 28 October 2012 01:00,  <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> There are a couple of warnings I want to desable without having to issue
>> the general command
>>
>> warning('off','all');
>>
>> Is there a list where I can see what the string identifications of the
>> following warnings?
>>

>> warning: load: file found in load path
>>
>> warning: quadgk: maximum interval count (650) met
>> warning: quadgk: Error tolerance not met. Estimated error 2.7601e-12
>>

>> Thank you very much in advance!
>>
>> Fabián
>
> I don't think that is possible. These warnings are in quadgk.m and
> have no ID. I'm guessing that if you really want to, you can do it in
> your system only by editing the source and add one yourself. Then you
> could disable them.
>
> Of you can turn all warnings locally by using a unwind protect block:
>
> warn_state = warning ("query", "all");
> unwind_protect
>   warning ("off", "all");
>   ## your code goes here
> unwind_protect_cleanup
>   warning (warn_state);
> end_unwind_protect
>

> Carnë

I submitted a patch adding error and warnings ID so they can be disabled
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?7877

If accepted the ID for the warnings are
"Octave:quadgk:warning-termination"

you can apply the patch to your local copy of quadgk.m that you find
in the folder
<your installation path>/octave/<version>/m/general/quadgk.m