Re: Mac OS X Package

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Mac OS X Package
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:42:15 -0500

On Nov 7, 2012, at 12:05 PM, Houtan Bastani wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently joined the mailing list, hoping to help out with the production of
> an OS X package for Octave 3.6.X. I have searched the wiki pages and mailing
> list and have found some attempts to create a package but no final result.
> Perhaps I have missed something?
>
> Is anyone currently working on this? If so, please tell me if I can help you
> in any way. If not, then would it be ok to start working on this again?
>
> Best,
> Houtan

Houtan,

Welcome!  I was working on the bundle below.

        http://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_MacPorts

I haven't had time for thorough testing, but my last attempt appears to run on
X86_64 systems.  The link for the my list attempt is included in the wiki.

http://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_MacPorts#Testing

The current link (which will change when I update it) is below.

        https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14845154/Octave-X86_64-3.7.0%2Bv12.dmg

Feel free to start working on this.  You're welcome to duplicate and extend the
approach I used or take a different approach.

Ben