Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 80, Issue 15

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 80, Issue 15
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 08:43:27 +0100

On 8 Nov 2012, at 17:15, address@hidden wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 15:50:40 -0600
> From: Wei Jin <address@hidden>
> To: Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>
> Subject: octave and ITSOL
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have been working on develop ITSOL's interface to octave.
>
> Now, I am thinking to integrate ITSOL to octave. Since ITSOL many
> preconditioner(ILU,ARMS), I think it might be useful. Any idea?
>
> http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~saad/software/ITSOL/
>

> Thank you.

Hi,

I think the best way to do this would be to start by adding your Octave
interface to the
linear-algebra package in Octave-Forge, then start working from there.

The first step to do so woud be to upload your interface code here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/feature-requests

so we can have a look and comment on it.

c.

P.S. there is a student here at Politecnico di Milano working on an
implementation of the ILU preconditioner
who might be interested in helping out.