Octave JIT

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Octave JIT
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 11:49:11 -0500

I looked in the current Manual and noticed that there
not much description of the JIT compiler.  Chapter 19 might
be a good place for a description.

One reason I wanted to look in the Manual was to find out
if there is a way to determine if the compiler is active or
available.  There will surely be times when users will want to
know, and in the future there may be some JIT parameters
available to users.  Since the compiler can be turned on or
off from the Octave command line option, is it feasible to
turn it on or off from inside Octave code?

This is a very important new feature of Octave which is
coming soon, so documentation in the Manual will be
essential.

Michael Godfrey