Re: How to properly save file in GUI

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: How to properly save file in GUI
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:12:51 -0600

On this matter of saving a file in the GUI/IDE editor in order to not miss outside activity while saving, I'm hesitating a change for the moment to think a bit more about how to properly save a file.

I'm beginning to wonder if we might need to pay a little more attention to this because of the oft-used technique of Cntrl-R running a script file. "run", i.e., save and then have command line execute the file script is a quick succession of saving then accessing the file. My question is whether we need to pay attention to buffered/unbuffered data. Could buffered data cause issues on some systems?

I've also seen some things in the online documentation about Qt processes and threads. Eventually someone will have to dive into a better understanding of the nuances and how to best set up Octave/GUI (e.g., thread within the GUI vs. subprocess for GUI).

Dan