Re: Java

From: Stefan Husmann
Subject: Re: Java
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 22:10:14 +0100

Am 25.11.2012 21:00, schrieb marco atzeri:
On 11/25/2012 6:40 PM, Stefan Husmann wrote:
Am 24.11.2012 07:06, schrieb marco atzeri:
John,
just noted that there is no check on the config process to validate
the presence of java.
On my cygwin ambient, the Java compiler was not present and the build
stopped almost at the end. Added it and re-testing.

It will be better also to add the possibility of disabling such
new functionality, I am not confident about java on cygwin at all.

Regards
Marco

Hello,

the detection of java is obviously existing, but in your case it is not
working if, as in your case, java is _not_ present.

On my system I have openjdk version 7 installed. It is detected, but I get

Hi Stefan,
openjdk is not available as cygwin package.
Not clear from your mail if your system is a cygwin one, and if
you built openjdk by yorself.

precise enough
Best Regards

Stefan

Regards
Marco

Sorry for not being precise enough. I use Arch Linux and the openjdk7 packages
that come with that distribution.

Best regards
Stefan