Re: java and fc16

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: java and fc16
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:12:55 -0800 (PST)

Michael Godfrey wrote
> On 11/25/12 11:36 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
>> I had the same error (jni.h not found) and solved it by, before running
>> ./configure, setting JAVA_HOME to the place where the Java stuff lives.
> I thought about that, but since in my system at least, there
> seemed to be java stuff here there and everywhere with lots of
> symlinks, I decided on a more specific patch.  This was not meant to
> be a real solution, just a test.

Yeah, Java installation isn't quite standardized across distros and
operating systems :-(

I too had to track down all symlinks (some 4 or 5 levels deep) to find the
"real" files. But at least on my system there was a "stationary" symlink
pointing to them that seems to be updated upon every Java version update. It
took me quite a while to find out what it was and even then I only use it to
find out where to point JAVA_HOME to.

Philip