Re: Overhaul of Java auto-detection

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Overhaul of Java auto-detection
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:57:36 -0500

On Dec 11, 2012, at 5:12 PM, Rik wrote:

> 12/11/12
>
> All,
>
> I just pushed another significant change to the Java detection in
> configure.ac (http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/fafd51a1b0f0).
> Hopefully this will now work on more Linux platforms and will proceed
> through java and libjvm detection on Mac platforms.  The search for "jni.h"
> on Macs may still need work.
>
> Because this hits the build environment, rather than just source code, you
> may need to run 'bootstrap' to re-generate configure.
>
> --Rik

Nice work Rik.   On MacOS 10.7.5 configure ends with ...

  Java home:
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
  Java JVM path:
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Libraries
  Java CPPFLAGS:
-I/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/include
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home/include
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Headers
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Headers
  Java libraries:              -framework JavaVM

  Build Java interface:               true

Ben