Re: Welcome C++11!

From: Júlio Hoffimann
Subject: Re: Welcome C++11!
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:06:22 -0300

Yes, i just did CXXFLAGS='-std=c++0x' hoping the other flags would be untouched.

C++11 actually reduces the size of the binaries as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sajBj_eiH10&t=0m47s

I still think it's a good adoption, my approach is the following: I don't care about ancient platforms when producing patches. Unless some user reports me the build failed, there is no reason to waste time thinking about old technology. Am i being too extreme?

If people really want GNU Octave for work in ancient Red Hat, they should support development or contact their sysadmin for installing a reasonable compiler.

Júlio.