Re: control toolbox - time delays

From: thomas-v
Subject: Re: control toolbox - time delays
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 02:50:55 -0800

Hi Carnë,

Thanks for the fast response and the access.

I have a question regarding the repository, so as not to mess thing up (I have to admit that my svn experience is limited).
For the time delay implementation I need to make changes in some core class files of the control package (mainly in the @lti folder). Lukas proposed to make a branch, like control_delay branch, and work there. This will not crash any of the current code and makes me also more confident in making changes. The problem is that I am not really sure how to do that.

I would do the following:

1. svn info http://svn.code.sf.net/p/octave/code/trunk | grep Revision
2. svn mkdir http://svn.code.sf.net/p/octave/code/branches/control_delay
3. svn cp http://svn.code.sf.net/p/octave/code/trunk/octave-forge/main/control http://svn.code.sf.net/p/octave/code/branches/control_delay -m "Branching from trunk to control_delay at HEAD_REVISION"

and then check out the control_delay to my working directory.

Please tell me if the previous is correct or I need to follow a different approach.

Thanks in advance

Thomas Vasileiou

Care2 makes it easy for everyone to live a healthy, green lifestyle and impact the causes you care about most. Over 12 Million members! http://www.care2.com

Feed a child by searching the web! Learn how http://www.care2.com/toolbar