Re: Trouble merging stable to default

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Trouble merging stable to default
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 07:42:18 -0800

On 01/12/2013 01:31 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:27:36 -0500
> From: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
> Subject: merging stable to default fails
>
> When trying to merge stable to default I see the following error from
> hg:
>
>   $ hg merge stable
>   abort: path contains illegal component: /OctJavaQry.class
>
> Any clues?  Rik added the binary file OctJavaQry.class to the hg
> archive, but I have no clue how that could cause the error above.
1/12/12

John,

That is strange.  I'm not sure who's system is having trouble or whether
there are different releases of Mercurial involved.

Just to check, I went ahead and merged stable to default and checked in the
merge as changeset 58018d0e9a71.  There was nothing odd to report.

Maybe you need to start with a new clone of the repository.

--Rik