Re: Testing MXE-Octave

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Testing MXE-Octave
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:30:27 +0100

On 12.02.2013 19:37, PhilipNienhuis wrote:> PhilipNienhuis wrote
>> Torsten wrote:
>> :
>> <snip>
>> :
>>> Other problems I noticed with the MXE build:
>>> - using at least 30% of cpu time even when idle
>
> Confirmed, on a quadcore CPU OctaveMXE (based on 3.7.1) uses around
21% CPU
> time.
>

>>> - only few fonts usable in the console due to wrong cursor positions
>
> Yep, only Lucida Console font seems to work OK.
>
> With all other fonts, lines get wrapped at ~60, ~40 or even ~20 chars
>
> Underline cursor doesn't work (I only get a block cursor, + with many
fonts
> it is several tens of char positions to the right).
>
> Cursor blinking doesn't work.
>

>>> I think these problems are not specific to the MXE cross build but
>>> generally to windows builds of the gui.
>
> Well... the Octave GUI consistently crashes on exit (on Win7 64bit). That
> didn't happen with the last MinGW build I made (~ 2 months ago).

I didn't notice that on my system (XP 32bit) with an MXE build which is
two weeks old. I can't build a newer version because for some reason the
configure scripts fails for dcmtk-3.6.0 (no time for a more detailed
look at this at the moment)

> Another issue (perhaps more for the bug tracker):
> Editor doesn't work OK (also on Linux):
> - Not yet coupled with EDITOR function
> - Can't be made to pop up after "edit" command

Already in the bug tracker (bug #37930).

> - In debug mode, step etc buttons get greyed out after first click
until the
> next restart.

Debugging only works for me after deleting and readding the breakpoints
for me. Moreover, when stopped and continued is clicked, the buttons are
greyed out but I have to hit "enter" in the console before the script
really is continued (and the buttons are re-enabled).
I will file a bug on this.

> <snip>

Torsten