Re: more mxe testing

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: more mxe testing
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 23:56:21 -0600

On 02/21/2013 10:31 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
I've built the stable and development versions of Octave with mxe and
tested both under wine. Here's a quick list of the issues I've noticed
with both. Some of these may be due to wine, maybe someone with a real
windows can tell which of these are real and which are wine artifacts.

* Qt timer errors, gui crash (I think discussed in another thread)

Yes.

* gnuplot doesn't come up at all, octave just hangs (gnuplot does work
in wine when called on its own)

Mike, could you please send the Octave output intended for gnuplot to a file with John's example from a few months back:

|   drawnow (TERM, FILE, MONO, DEBUG_FILE)
|
| for example:
|
|   sombrero ();
|   drawnow ("x11", "/dev/null", false, "foo.gp");

Then send individual lines from that file through gnuplot to see where things fail? Or send the contents of the file to the list?

Thanks,

Dan