Re: locale for scanf backed out

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: locale for scanf backed out
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:21:21 -0500

On 26 February 2013 04:03, Pascal Dupuis <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2013/2/26 Rik <address@hidden>:
>>
>> I backed out the locale changeset for scanf.  Unfortunately, due to issues
>> in the build system you will need to manually remove
>> libinterp/interpfcn/file-io.cc-tst before tests will pass.

> I find this a bit unfair.

An unfortunate case of tyranny of the majority. You were the only one
who wanted this patch for a very unique case, involving exclusively
[sf]scanf, but everyone else was having problems with this patch.

Better alternatives have been suggested. Sadly, they all require more
work. If you want to keep this patch, and you don't want to undergo
the work to produce a better patch, you can fork off an hg clone where
your patch is applied, or just keep the patch file separate and
distribute it to the people you want to give it to.

- Jordi G. H.