Re: Debug Line Numbers

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Debug Line Numbers
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:18:41 -0400

On 03/11/2013 03:41 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 03/11/2013 02:55 PM, Rik wrote:
3/11/13

John,

This isn't an immediate concern because I know the parser is still in
flux. However, the lines that the debug system chooses for breakpoints
have changed. It used to be that a breakpoint would be set at the first
executable line of an m-file. This meant skipping any initial comments,
blank lines, and the function header. Now the breakpoint appears to be
set
at the first non-comment line.

In 3.6.4
dbstop ls
ans = 42

On dev branch
dbstop ls
ans = 39

It looks like the line numbers are off. I must have missed incrementing
the line number counter in the lexer when a newline character is read at
some point. I'll see if I can find it.

I checked in the following change.  Does it fix the problem for you?

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/1bbc2fc552cf