Re: slow input

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: slow input
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 18:04:47 -0400

On 04/02/2013 06:00 PM, Rik wrote:

I've been seeing this too in both the GUI and the CLI version of Octave.
I thought it was just me, because I just upgraded my OS, but maybe it is
more general.

Have you tried starting octave with '--no-line-editing' which disables
Readline? That fixes the problem for me, but I really rely on the
readline library so it isn't a good long term solution.k

We also rely on the readline event loop to handle GUI events, both for Qt and FLTK graphics, so disabling readline will cause some trouble.