Re: fftfilt patch

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: fftfilt patch
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:17:17 -0500

On 04/04/2013 04:00 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
On 04/04/2013 03:24 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 4 April 2013 15:18, Daniel J Sebald<address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/04/2013 01:30 PM, Rik wrote:

Do you have benchmarks for the old and new fftfilt implementation?
I see a for loop which is nearly always a bad thing for
performance.

The for-loop you are referring to was present before the changeset.
I was going to bring that up, but then decided it wasn't too
critical at the moment.

Killing this loop is really easy. The all() function already works
columnwise:

xisreal = all (imag (x) == 0);
xisimag = all (real (x) == 0);

I don't really understand the overall algorithm or why you need these
two variables, but there you go.

Oh, that's nice! Tests pass. Do you want to make the change? Or should I
create a changeset?

Or maybe it should be done like in the attached diff file moving that check for xisreal and xisimag inside of the "b is integer" conditional. "b" is almost certainly relatively short. No sense checking all that possible data in x if the outcome isn't going to be used.

Dan