Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system

From: Vytautas Jancauskas
Subject: Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:39:39 +0300

Added an audiodevinfo.cc file. It provides the following functionality:

devinfo = audiodevinfo;
devinfo.('output');

will return the list of structures for each output device, 'output'
can be substituted for 'input'. I will implement full functionality of
matlabs audiodevinfo
(http://www.mathworks.se/help/matlab/ref/audiodevinfo.html) to include
as part of the GSoC proposal and leave audioplayer, audiorecorder and
fixing the legacy functionality for the program itself if the proposal
gets accepted.

In the code above if I try to simply type devinfo in to the command
line octave I get the following output for some reason:

devinfo =

  scalar structure containing the fields:

    input =

error: octave_base_value::print (): wrong type argument `cs-list'

    output =

error: octave_base_value::print (): wrong type argument `cs-list'

Is the normal or am I using the wrong structure for an array of structures?

The code is here:
https://bitbucket.org/bucket_brigade/octave-sound/src/24bf96f1847d9d9d1f4abe1f1401bba750d45f3b/src/audiodevinfo.cc?at=default