Re: Release Plans

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Release Plans
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 00:04:15 -0400

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> The problem actually does not occur under (native) Windows. The JRE location
> is obtained from the Window registry, which is populated by the Java
> installer.

Yep I see that now, thanks for pointing that out. That means it should
be possible and we can have some kind of runtime search algorithm for
finding the JRE on Linux and Unices. I know there's no consensus on
where Java is installed. But at the very least allowing the JAVA_HOME
environment variable to override the built-in path would be a good
start.

I have encountered several Ubuntu bug reports of users running into
this problem with the current Java Forge package installed from Ubuntu
repos, when they install Oracle Java for example instead of OpenJDK,
the path is different and the JVM can't be loaded.

--
mike